£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + accomm/food included
Do you want a change of scenery and work in the most stunning of locations at a 4 star Hotel.
We are seeking a highly professional and personable Assistant General Manager to work on the stunning Island of Herm, at their 4 star Hotel in the Channel Islands.
Herm is located three miles off the larger island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands between Southern England and France. It is a picturesque holiday resort with a resident population of just 60 people that increases to almost double during the summer months. It has one hotel, a vibrant pub, two shops, 20-holiday cottages and a campsite. It has no cars and is only 1.5 miles long by 0.5 miles wide. Herm is only a 20-minute boat journey from Guernsey which has a population of 65,000 and offers all the benefits of a major UK town
Assistant General Manger Job Description – Not an exhaustive list
* Overseeing the day to day running of the Hotel
* Delivery of SLA and KPI’s to the hotel team
* Promotion, selling and managing functions for up to 250
* The motivation of the hotel team
* Ensure full compliance in Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
* Handling complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures
* Hold regular briefings and meetings with all head of departments
* Assist in delivering hotel budget goals and helping set other short and long term strategic goals for the property
* Working 6 days a week in peak season
* Permanent position
* Teamwork and the ability to adapt is critical for this location.
As the suitable Assistent General Manager, you will need a very strong commercial, corporate background in Hotel Management; To accompany this the following attributes and skill will be demonstrated.
* Strong leadership skills
* Positive attitude
* Focussed and driven by success
* Ambitious and strives for excellence
* Comfortable working in a remote location
* Mentally resilient
* Able to live and work overseas
* Free boat pass to Guernsey
* Accommodation provided – Included
* Meals included
* Reduced income tax bracket
* VAT exempt
* Reduced living costs i.e no council
* An opportunity to develop and progress
TwentySix is an independently owned Catering & Hospitality specialist recruitment consultancy. With extensive experience in all areas of this ever-changing sector, we approach our clients and candidates needs from a highly knowledgeable viewpoint with a thorough understanding of the current marketplace.
Additional Starting Info:
Job Reference: J835_1557840057
Salary: £28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + accomm/food included
Salary per: Annum