Up to £22000.00 per annum + Live-in, Bonus
Are you seeking your next challenge?
Do you want to help drive success in a growing business?
We are working closely with our client to recruit the ideal General Manager to help drive the business of this quaint, Independent gastropub and events venue, in the beautiful area of Bedfordshire.
The Executive Head Chef/ Proprietor is looking to collaborate with a ‘hands-on’ General Manager who seeks to take responsibility for the front of house operation and help deliver both the service level and financial return, in line with the company strategy.
Some of the key positives to this role are presented in the form of change management, and the speed in which you can implement a strategy and deliver it without the interference of a ‘Head Office’ or a heavily procured supplier list. A chance to scratch the entrepreneurial itch!
Duties and Expectations Include but not limited to:
* Day to day running of the business in conjunction with the Proprietor
* Opening and closing of the establishment
* Setting standards for all Front of House operations
* Training and recruiting new staff for Front of House
* Compliance and Health & Safety, maintaining quality control
* Ordering wet stock
* Staff rotas and schedules
* Assisting the Proprietor with business marketing through various mediums, including customer experience.
* Assisting the Proprietor with financial forecasts and budget planning
* Man management, including performance management and disciplinary matters.
Package and Benefits:
* Live in accommodation as part of the package *
* No rent or bills to pay!
* Bonus package up to £2000pa- In addition to salary
* Total package worth 30k
* A chance to increase self-profile and reputation
Skills & Attributes
* Hands-on manager with a hardworking ethic
* Effective communicator and motivator of staff
* Organisation and attention to detail
* Driven by reputation and service
* Financially astute
* Could be suited to someone looking to make the step-up from Duty Manager
* Impeccably turned out
* Experienced in a restaurant environment
* Rosette aspirations
* Comfortable with events, managing the outdoor space re: Parties, Occaisons etc
*The accommodation is a spacious, double room in a large, self-contained flat above the establishment. There are three large rooms in total, a newly fitted bathroom with shower and a fully fitted kitchen. You have access to one large room, bathroom and kitchen and communal areas.
It’s important to stress at this stage of the application, those looking to work under instruction need not apply. The client has expressly requested the right candidate to work autonomously. There will be guidance where needed. Attend regular meetings between Exec Head Chef and General Manager; maintaining a synergy and driving the business.
TwentySix is an independently owned Catering & Hospitality specialist recruitment consultancy. With extensive experience in all areas of this ever-changing sector, we approach our clients and candidates needs from a highly knowledgeable viewpoint with a thorough understanding of the current marketplace.
Additional Starting Info:
Job Reference: J894_1552403036
Salary: Up to £22000.00 per annum + Live-in, Bonus
Salary per: Annum