Up to £1300.00 per month
Working for our client, a leader in activity-based holidays is more than a job, it’s a lifestyle! Spend the winter season based in one of their beautiful European ski resorts where it’s all about sharing your passion for the activities you love. You’ll be working hard, but the work is fun and there’s always plenty of time to play!
The Head Chef leads the kitchen team, managing an effective and efficient kitchen operation, maintaining high health and safety standards and adhering to budgets. You will be compiling creative and appealing buffet menus, ordering food and monitoring spending.
Pre-season and on-going training of the kitchen team is essential as is a good working relationship with the front of house staff. You must be a highly motivated person, driven by a passion for cooking and producing high-quality food with the ability to lead and inspire a team in an enjoyable kitchen environment.
You must be friendly, enthusiastic and approachable to join their amazing team! People who can build rapport with ease and continue to give their guests confidence in the fact, that every element of their holiday is being delivered by people that care.
To join the Overseas Holidays team, in order to acquire the necessary legal paperwork required to place you in an overseas position you must:
o Hold a valid UK, EU, EEA or Swiss passport
o Hold a UK National Insurance number
o Currently be registered to a fixed address within England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
Role and Responsibilities
* Deliver a menu that is suitable for all guests within the budget, whilst ensuring it still consistently achieves targeted customer feedback scores
* Develop, design, and train staff to support the production of delicious and varied a la carte/buffet menus
* Conduct weekly stock checks and reporting on stock levels
* Set, instruct and monitor all areas of the HACCP system ensuring designated paperwork is completed and meets all UK Laws along with those of the country you are based.
* To be flexible, approachable and to build strong relationships that will assist the smooth operation between all hotel departments
* Promote and ensure that a safe working environment is maintained at all times
* To be customer service orientated and encourage direct feedback from our guests
* Ensure you purchase the quality products required whilst still staying within set financial restraints
* Monitor and record all wastage and breakages in line with the company procedures
* Ensure that robust procedures are put in place to prevent any loss of stocks and monitor that these are being followed
* To carry out any other tasks as requested by your line manager
* A willingness to learn and develop
* Display constant high levels of standards and service, leading by example
* Be a positive and effective communicator within the team and with guests
* Experience and training in various food styles
* The ability to motivate and train team members to achieve objectives
* Be flexible with working hours and be willing to assist in all areas of the operation
* Hard working, self-motivated and works well under pressure with a desire to succeed
* Well organised, punctual, and flexible
* Honest, friendly and approachable in nature
* Excellent appearance and personal grooming with the highest levels of personal hygiene at all times
TwentySix is an independently owned Catering & Hospitality specialist recruitment consultancy. With extensive experience in all areas of this ever-changing sector, we approach our clients and candidates needs from a highly knowledgeable viewpoint with a thorough understanding of the current marketplace.
Additional Starting Info:
Job Reference: J856_1549636394
Salary: Up to £1300.00 per month
Salary per: Month
Job Duration: 3 Months