£12.00 - £13.00 per hour + Live-in, Food
Are you tired of the same, dull workplace?
Do you fancy something a little different? If so, read on.
We are recruiting a hardworking Sous Chef, to work on the stunning Island of Herm, in the Channel Islands.
Herm is located three miles off the larger island of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands between Southern England and France. It is a picturesque holiday resort with a resident population of just 60 people that increases to almost double during the summer months. It has one hotel, a vibrant pub, two shops, 20-holiday cottages and a campsite. It has no cars and is only 1.5 miles long by 0.5 miles wide. Herm is only a 20-minute boat journey from Guernsey which has a population of 65,000 and offers all the benefits of a major UK town
* 100 cover restaurant for Breakfast lunch and dinner.
* 200 cover Marquee
* Busy al fresco Bistro restaurant
* Supporting Head Chef and covering for him on days off.
* 2AA Rosette standard
* Paid hourly
* 50-hour week minimum
* Working 6 days a week in peak season
* Seasonal in year one, progressing to a permanent position with the right candidate
* Teamwork and the ability to adapt is critical for this location.
* Hardworking and able to work under pressure at a fast pace
* Working April to October
* Peak season can ncrease working hours although these are all paid as extra.
As a suitable candidate for this role, you will be an experienced Sous Chef or a Head Chef looking to work in a Sous position for the experience of working on Herm. It’s a full-on position bt enjoyable. The island itself is fairly remote, with limited things to do, so this type of location would suit those who enjoy the simpler things in life. A strong mindset and a drive to earn money is a distinct advantage.
* Strong leadership skills
* Work well under pressure
* Effective communicator and diplomat
* Structured and organised
* Experienced in restaurant and short order output.
* Rounded skillset
* Free boat pass to Guernsey
* Accommodation provided – Included
* Meals included
* Reduced income tax bracket
* VAT exempt
* Reduced living costs i.e no council
* An opportunity to develop and progress
* Competitive package
TwentySix is an independently owned Catering & Hospitality specialist recruitment consultancy. With extensive experience in all areas of this ever-changing sector, we approach our clients and candidates needs from a highly knowledgeable viewpoint with a thorough understanding of the current marketplace.
Additional Starting Info:
Job Reference: J913_1553766631
Salary: £12.00 - £13.00 per hour + Live-in, Food
Salary per: Hour